Saturday, October 4, 2014

Reading outranks eating and sleeping, right?

My name is Craig Sisterson, and I am a books addict. It has been a few hours since I last read a novel (only that long because I have assignments to do, and have to move house tonight).

This photo is of the books I bought while at the Bloody Scotland Festival. I have hundreds of books acquired but unread in Auckland and Nelson, New Zealand, and brought some with me to London (as well as sending a box of books over), and as a reviewer I can be sent more books than I could ever read by publishers. But still, I can't help but buy books. Whether it's browsing secondhand stores for hard-to-find, out-of-print, or otherwise overlooked gems that catch my eye, or attending festivals and wanting to grab books from authors I meet or interview (the haul above comes under that category). It's an addiction. Guess I'll just have to keep living with it.

At Bloody Scotland I only had a small sports bag with me for the weekend, but still ended up with the above haul in less than 48 hours, despite budgetary and baggage constraints. Oh well. Ah, actually, just realised there's another book not in the photo - the one I'm currently reading, THE HUMMINGBIRD by Kati Hiekkapelto. It's excellent thusfar, and I'm looking forward to diving deeper into it over the weekend.

Happy reading my fellow book addicts!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, my name is June Lorraine Roberts and I am a crime fiction addict. This is not my first public confession. My stack of books keeps growing and I am suffering from performance anxiety. That's enough said for today.

    ReplyDelete