Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Girl...

Next month the English-subtitled version of the film adaptation of the third and final book in Stieg Larsson's publishing juggernaut Millennium Trilogy, THE GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNETS' NEST hits cinemas at film festivals in the United States.

The always-excellent The Rap Sheet has pointed readers to a new trailer for the film, which you can watch here. For some reason I can't get that trailer to play, so I went looking on YouTube, and sure enough I found both a teaser trailer and a longer trailer for the film, uploaded in late 2009 (I'm not sure how this new trailer differs from either of these older trailers), which you can view below.

On a related point, it seems that the excellent actress behind the pitch perfect portrayal of Lisbeth Salander (The Girl...) has secured her first major English-language role, playing a villain in the sequel to the Robert Downey Jr-starring Sherlock Holmes.

But for now, here is the longer trailer of the third Millennium film, as available on YouTube:



I really enjoyed the first film (see review here), and am looking forward to seeing the other two big-screen versions (I've had a couple of aborted attempts to get to The Girl Who Played with Fire, unfortunately).

What do you think of the trailer(s) for the third film? Have you read the books, or watched either of the first two films? Are you looking forward, or not, to the Hollywood versions? Thoughts and comments welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Craig - Thanks for sharing this trailer. It looks fantastic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't managed to get to any of the films yet. I'll have to remedy that quick, so I can get to see at least one of them on the big screen.

    ReplyDelete